Anyone who installs home windows NT, creates a person, or provides a printer is an NT procedure administrator (whether they know it or not). This booklet organizes NT's advanced GUI interface, conversation containers, and multitude of DOS-shell instructions into an easy-to-use speedy reference for someone who makes use of or manages an NT procedure. It contains a new tagged callout method of documenting the GUI as good as real-life examples of command utilization and techniques for challenge fixing, with an emphasis on networking. Windows NT in a Nutshell might be as worthwhile to the single-system domestic consumer because it may be to the administrator of a 1,000-node company network.
- Covers either computer and Server models of NT
- Written basically for NT 4.0, yet nonetheless important for 3.51
- Presents the GUI hierarchy with callouts to supply easy-to-locate documentation of ideas, buttons, and dialogs
- Covers the DOS-shell instructions in nice element, as those come into expanding use via the skilled NT consumer while coping with huge and complicated installations
- Includes an in depth index that speedy directs you to either GUI and DOS-shell tools of attaining a role, with no requiring you to wade via unrelated material
- Examples display NT interoperating with UNIX, Novell Netware, and Apple Macintosh systems
This publication, specified towards the more matured Mac person, is a sophisticated consultant to administering Mac networks and different networks that contain Mac machines. when you are a Mac administrator who's unexpected with UNIX and the recent OS and who wishes specialist suggestion on operating with the recent UNIX kernel, this publication is for you. you are going to speedy wake up to hurry with UNIX instructions you would like, leaving extra time to target networking your Macs. This e-book additionally covers the main frequently used Mac OS good points, together with AppleTalk and TCP/IP protocol stacks.