By Dana L. Robert
Exploring how Christianity grew to become a global faith, this short background examines Christian missions and their dating to the present globalization of Christianity.
- A brief and enlightening background of Christian missions: a phenomenon that many say displays the one most crucial intercultural move over a sustained interval of human history
- Offers a thematic review that takes under consideration the political, cultural, social, and theological issues
- Discusses the importance of missions to the globalization of Christianity, and broadens our figuring out of Christianity as a multicultural international religion
- Helps Western audiences comprehend the which means of undertaking as a ancient process
- Contains a number of new maps that illustrate demographic shifts in international Christianity
Read Online or Download Christian Mission: How Christianity Became a World Religion (Wiley Blackwell Brief Histories of Religion) PDF
Similar Christianity books
The English KnowHow sequence attracts upon the event, evaluations, and goals that scholars convey to category and gives them with balanced insurance of all 4 talents.
For greater than 2 hundred years American Catholics have struggled to reconcile their nationwide and spiritual values. during this incisive and obtainable account, unique Catholic historian Jay P. Dolan explores the way in which American Catholicism has taken its particular form and follows how Catholics have met the demanding situations they've got confronted as New international fans of an previous global faith.
Characteristically, Catholic ethical theology has been dependent upon an strategy that over-emphasized the function of normative ethics and as a consequence linked ethical accountability with following or disobeying ethical principles. Reframing Catholic Theological Ethics deals another moral process which, with out destroying any of the dear insights of normative ethics, reorients the self-discipline to think about human motivation and purpose earlier than investigating behavioral recommendations for figuring out one's finish.
Even if Jesus rose physically from the useless is likely to be the main severe and contentious factor within the learn of Christianity. earlier, students have focused on particular statements within the New testomony to aid their perspectives, yet Richard Swinburne argues for a much wider strategy, asking as a substitute no matter if the nature of God and the lifetime of Jesus aid the chance of the Resurrection.
Additional resources for Christian Mission: How Christianity Became a World Religion (Wiley Blackwell Brief Histories of Religion)