By Bonnie J. Miller-McLemore
Via a sequence of essays contributed by means of major specialists within the box, The Wiley-Blackwell significant other to useful Theology provides an creation to functional theology as an enormous zone of Christian learn and perform, together with an summary of its key advancements, topics, equipment, and destiny directions.
- The first finished reference paintings to supply a survey, description and research of functional theology as a space of study
- A variety of prime students within the box offer unique contributions at the significant parts, concerns, and figures in sensible theology
- Reviews an in depth variety of tools for learning theology in perform, in addition to sub-disciplines in theological schooling similar to pastoral care and preaching
- Covers advancements within the self-discipline in a variety of worldwide contexts and exact Christian traditions
- Shows how sensible theology is suitable to daily life
Read or Download The Wiley Blackwell Companion to Practical Theology PDF
Best Christianity books
The English KnowHow sequence attracts upon the event, evaluations, and goals that scholars convey to classification and gives them with balanced insurance of all 4 talents.
For greater than 2 hundred years American Catholics have struggled to reconcile their nationwide and spiritual values. during this incisive and available account, exotic Catholic historian Jay P. Dolan explores the way in which American Catholicism has taken its targeted form and follows how Catholics have met the demanding situations they've got confronted as New global fans of an outdated global faith.
Often, Catholic ethical theology has been established upon an method that over-emphasized the position of normative ethics and consequently linked ethical accountability with following or disobeying ethical principles. Reframing Catholic Theological Ethics deals an alternate moral process which, with no destroying any of the precious insights of normative ethics, reorients the self-discipline to think about human motivation and purpose prior to investigating behavioral suggestions for knowing one's finish.
Even if Jesus rose physically from the useless might be the main severe and contentious factor within the research of Christianity. beforehand, students have focused on particular statements within the New testomony to aid their perspectives, yet Richard Swinburne argues for a much wider technique, asking as a substitute even if the nature of God and the lifetime of Jesus help the likelihood of the Resurrection.
Additional resources for The Wiley Blackwell Companion to Practical Theology